Thursday, March 22, 2012

Through the eyes of a child

        Do you want to know what is so wonderful and magical about being a mother?  To me, it is getting a chance to discover the world all over again through the eyes of a child.  This thought came to me awhile ago when I noticed how excited my boys were getting for Christmas.  It made me as excited,  if not more so, as when I was a child!  This happened again yesterday, when we had such a beautiful day outside so I took my kids out to play.  I put Brooklyn on the grass for the first time.  I took her shoes off and let her feet touch the grass.....and then she pulled at the grass!  She got a blade of grass in her hand (as you can tell by the picture), and she seemed to say, "what is this?"    We always have our babies in the fall so they usually get to experience this at about six months old.  It just was profound to me yesterday that she had this blade of grass in her hand, was seeing it for the first time, and it was like I was seeing grass for the first time.
         I thank Heavnely Father for this wonderful world that he has given us.  I know sometimes I take things for granted, but with children I'm starting not to.  I also thank my husband who works so hard so  that I am the one having these moments with our children.  I am the one who gets to see all their firsts;  their first word, their first step, their first smile, their first wave, and yes, their first time exploring this big, wide, wonderful world!!  I would't trade this for all the money, positions, and status IN the world.  Don't get me wrong, life gets hectic sometimes, but I'm glad we took time yesterday to, "feel the grass."

No comments:

Post a Comment